Saturday, June 19, 2010
I got a nonfat Cafe Latte today!!!
Heaven is a nonfat grande caffe latte from starbucks. I am ashamed to say that last spring I averaged one a day, well maybe 5 a week. The friendly drive-thru workers on broadway know jonathan and i by name and they way we like our drinks. "The usual for you today?" I thought, coming to the Caribbean, (I mean, its close to Colombia) that I would be in for a treat with some bold, locally grown coffee- wrong. Try instant knock-off instant folgers at best. That’s why I’m writing today… to announce I found the NEXT best thing to starbucks- Rituals! Their lettering is similar so I wonder if they are copy catting or I am just the luckiest girl in the world because at $7 EC my grande latte cost about $2.75- way cheaper fix when most things here are almost double what they cost in the US. Quality of today's latte- I give it a 8.5 because there was a little too much hazelnut and it was super super hot (which I did not want after my 20 minute sweltering walk to the coffee shop.) All in all, I just wanted to share that its gonna be a good summer, no more lack of caffeine headaches (because no one here believes in diet coke,) no more chunky thick DIY coffee (which was especially hard considering I don’t have hot water or a microwave.)I'm so happy I am going to start setting my alarm for an hour earlier each morning to get one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It really is the small things
ReplyDeleteI'm mildly ashamed to say that I visit a Starbucks at least once a week.
ReplyDeleteRituals is the best. It saved us! Internet is good there too!! :)
ReplyDeleteHallie- at least its not KFC!
ReplyDelete